R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
I have been struggling to get my buggy to steer. Any set up change I made had no effect on the car. I added some weight to the nose of the car and now it acts like a well tuned car. Is this an indication to a bed set up, Bad build, incorrectly billed shocks?
Are you running a full sized servo or a low profile servo up front? Is your battery full forward or full rear? Are you running a full sized pack or a shorty lipo? Are you running Rear motor or Mid Motor?

The DEX210 has a weight thing under the servo as a add on. Most of the time the car is setup to push which makes it easier for a novice to drive, but the add-ons are available to balance out the car. Adding some weight in the front keeps the nose down under acceleration and adds more steering. Alternatively you can also adjust front droop to gain you more steering.

What setup do you have on it already? Box kit setup or someone else's setup? Personally I run 4x 7g of lead weight behind the servo. If I run the a shortly, then I add an addition 2x 7g more weights. It is cheaper than buying the brass weight. I had other team mates that run the exotek aluminum bulkhead which works similar but gives added strength up front.

Both my cars run shorty. Rear motor with shorty pushed to the front, and ESC behind the shorty and bulkhead. Mid Motor I run shorty as well and a low profile servo which allows me to add additional weight as necessary, and I run the ESC behind the servo, shorty battery to rear. If grip is low, running a mid motor, then full size lipo and esc mounted on the side. But in most cases, the rear motor car is more consistent on low grip tracks.