R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Matsukura leaves Yokomo
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
takymo
Tech Adept

New year- any news?

I guess the company who needs him most will get him but those top driver deals are more expensive than ever. Yokomo showed the last years how to win races. Only Hara had that much support the last years from hpi.
Xray was trying to get Hara but I don't know why they couldn't. A top driver like naoto could change the whole reputation from xray. Yokomo's reputation is top notch since Ronald joined them. Naoto could do the same with xray if the gets a mechanic, which I doubt.
Kyosho is still a great company but beside the Inferno series I can hardly see any good development or driver support. The RB6 is a great car and world champ but who is driving it right now? Only two top drivers afaik. Kyosho just doesnt put much money in any electric class. This is something I dont get but the copany will lnow their operating numbers.
HPI really spends some money right now, after many years of discontinuing cars etc. maybe the have the money.
The combination Naoto and Yokomo was perfect in my eyes. Many drivers who switch sponsors often and have different sponsors for different classes have a much lower value for the companies.
My pick would be Tamiya they always had long term contracts and they supported their drivers well. Rheinard never raced that much offroad though he had the speed which was a bit sad for me, I hope Naoto get a deal to drive on and offroad and attends all the worlds. This sport maybe had 4 big stars and I just hope we will see them all drive as much as possible.