View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 01:42 AM
evochick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up 2015 NSW F1 Series

Hi Everyone

I will be running the 2015 NSW F1 series

Rules for 2015 will be as per the national rules.

http://rcformula1.com.au/index.php/a...ian-news/rules

Round 1 IMCC Cup on the 18th of January
Round 2 AARCMCC PROTOform ACT Titles 27-29th March 2014
Round 3 NSW State Titles 30th April - Sunday 3rd May
Round 4 Muchmore Masters at SMA May 22 - 24

Future rounds will be confirmed in the coming month as the calendar takes shape.

There is no Entry fee for series registration. Everyone is counted.
It will be your Best 4 rounds over the course of the series.
Tie breaks for the series winner will be decided by who has the more race wins. If there is still a tie then the drivers 5th result will count.

I also wanted to get some competitor feedback on rules and rounds as the series dropped off a little towards the end of last year in terms of numbers.

Rules.

there are 2 rules which I would like to open the discussion on for the possible inclusion in 2016
First is car width.
I would like to know peoples opinion of keeping the class to max width of 190mm with F104 size tyres only, This will bring us in line with most of Europe and US. The downside we would be excluding 3 Racing F113's, Top Rebels and Tamiya F104WGP/F103/TRF101W and these cars would have to use a F104 front end to compete.

Control Tyres would also be an option but a little harder to police,
My thoughts would be Ride R1 pre mounts front and rear plus the addition of Pit-Shimizu PS-0573 fronts and PS-0575 rears, as these 4 tyres would cover almost any conditions, and would negate the need for competitors to carry any further compounds.

The second would be a controlled motor.
While I don't agree with controlled motors as these usually are not the limiting factor in F1's, I still wanted everyone's opinion.

I will also speak to people and gauge some options on these rules throughout the year.

The next discussion topic with is more imminent is rounds to be included.
We had really good numbers at the start of the year but dropped off towards the end. While there were a few factors outside Bob's control that may have contributed, I want to get some feedback on what rounds people want.

With the absence of a club series I am inclined to keep it to already established events, as these were the rounds best attended.

IMCC Cup
ACT Outdoor State Championship
NSW indoors (Castle Hill) Championship
NSW Outdoor State Championship

Depending on where the NSW State's are held we should also have an event as SMA and Whalan.

The other clubs I would also like to include in the series are Orange, as they supported the series in the past with their members attending most rounds, and an event at Riverstone.

For the series this year I will be completing the event reports each round that I will try to get into Racing Lines, as well as get the race video's and photo's up a little quicker then I have this year.

Naming sponsors for the series welcome.....

Send me a PM, or email me at Bethany _ Cullen @ iinet . com . au (remove the spaces) or come see me at a race track near you

Beth.

Last edited by evochick; 03-08-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: time clarification.