R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:55 AM
grippgoat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcika
What i have also realized the ride height is different ;( left vs right in the front with same damper setting (ring setting same 2.5mm for preload) so spring pre load should be the same if spiring is also same size (pink yokomo btw)...shall i change it to have same ride high? Thankswith
More things I'd suggest checking:
1) Make sure your droop is set right (or just back the screws way off for now). If the droop screw is pushing the arm up above where it wants to be at ride height, that'll cause all kinds of badness. Might be something you overlooked with a fresh build.
2) Make sure your shock towers are straight. With the car on droop blocks or flat on the setup board, measure from top of tower to setup board on each side and make sure it's even. If the shock tower is crooked, it'll make the preloads weird. If it's not counter-sunk, you can probably loosen the screws and shift it a bit to get it straight.
3) Check to see if the springs are the same length left and right. It's not a huge deal if they're a bit different, but it does mean you'll need uneven preload collar settings to get it balanced. Just something to note.

If you've checked everything you can check, then yeah, start by getting the ride heights right on all 4 corners before you hit the scales. I also like to set droop with a droop gauge, and then feel the tension on the springs while the wheels are in the air to make it even left and right. If you do that, it should be close when you hit the scales.

-Mike