R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
That setup will keep up with the 2.0 for most drivers. Takes a little different driving style when jumping because of the more forward weight bias. I would make the following changes based on my experience:

Get rid of the aluminum chassis braces and use the stock plastic ones. The aluminum are too stiff and will hurt traction.

Cut the ears off of the rear bumper. They will tear up the body faster.

Put the stock arms on, at least the rear arms. The rpm arms have the shock mounts in the center of the arm. Stock has offset mounts. You will lose too much down travel with rpm and will affect landing jumps and steering into a corner.

Pro4 4600 is very smooth and plenty fast but runs hotter because it's a 540 can. Pro4 hd 4300 is a great motor but really punchy and hard to drive for some. It can be tamed by backing down the current limiter in the rx8. Hobbywing 4700 is my personal favorite plenty smooth and good top end. I tried the 4000 for a while and it was punchier but didn't have the top end I was looking for. You can add timing in the esc to get some top end back. A lot of guys love that motor. And the HW motors are a lot less $ than tekin.
The only thing I would add about Tekin v Hobbywing might be the help you can get on and off the track. Many people at many tracks and hobby shops can help with the Tekin equipment and off the track, you cannot beat their customer service. Issues happen. Especially when we are trying to make our SC's as fast as 8th scales on 2s, lol. With the Tekin, if something happens, help is close and fast.