R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Waflet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Did any of u guys have the 7? Was there a problem with the arms on the 7 like there is with the 7T? If so did they change the arms on the R? I wanted the truggy until reading about so many guys breaking the arms on it, so gonna wait for a 7TR. Has anyone heard anything about a 7TR coming out? Bottom line is its either this buggy or the new XRAY.
Hideeho
I can't speak for the x7t ( I don't own one), but the problem with the x7 buggy breaking arms was to much upward travel. The inside of the arm would hit the outdrive & cause it to break in that area. Mugen solved the problem by beveling the webbing on the inside of the arm (running fix on all new arms). Since the new arms got put on my buggy, the only one I have broken (2 weeks ago, & 5 minutes after stating the new arms last MUCH longer ) was by getting tapped as I launched for a big jump causing it to go wheel 1st, sideways, into the face of the landing ramp. It broke the arm, the shock shaft & bent the drive shaft. I'd call that one understandable .

The only car I have never seen a broken arm on is an Agama. I ran one for 2 years & NEVER broke an arm! All the plastics on the Agama are VERY good (at least as good if not better than Mugen & Xray). The fit & finish on everything is high quality as well (again on par or better than Mugen & Xray). The instructions are rather poor (fine if you now what your doing building a 1/8 buggy, but I would NOT recommend them as a 1st build for a novice). I feel it drives very similar to the Losi 3.0 (it should, it's almost the same car & has several interchangeable parts ). That is to say, it likes to go where the rear wheels are pointed rather than the fronts when on power & be VERY twitchy off power. That is fine for some & there are those that can make them go VERY fast, but it just didn't fit my driving style. If Agama ever makes a car that drives like an x7 & is durable like an a8, I will buy one in a second!