R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - G-Force Motor Checker
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 10:24 AM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
KV rating is nice to know, but again, I do not see a transferable number to gear ratios or comparing other motors and have performance results show up as a result.
One useful thing about kV is it will let you calculate pretty close to the correct rollout for a new motor if you already have found the best rollout for a known motor with a known kV. Just multiply the known motor's rollout by known_motor_kV/new_motor_kV to give the rollout for the new motor.

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I am building a torque dyno that will measure rpm at set loads. It looks like something Tony Stark built in a cave with Fred Flintstone. Its rough. Its just concept. It looks like a torque wrench with brushless motors hooked up. The goal is to see how much torque can be produced at some fixed loads, read the rpm at that load, compare various timing, shimming, rotor strengths, etc.
Have you considered using your considerable skills to make a flywheel dyno? It's much simpler and usually much more repeatable than a brake dyno, and there's freeware to use with it:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/SimpleDyno/index.php?act=idx
I've been slowly collecting up the parts to make one myself, but it would be much easier (and turn out much nicer, too!) if I could just buy one... maybe from you?!