R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-18-2014, 01:50 PM
ktacket1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Based on everyones posts, It seems that if you are a serious racer that changes shock oil 3 time a race weekend the spacer is best and if you are an average joe out to have fun and not tinker, the screws make would be better. Associates engineers could design the car for either but they went with spacers.

Originally Posted by user1
I just built my B5M and have to say I am disappointed in the design of the suspension. Tuning droop with spacers under the shock pistons?!?! Come on. Looking it over, it would have been so easy for them to put droop screws in the back A arms. The chassis is could have had ears coming out like on the RC8.2e and wouldn't have cost them a penny. The front is a little trickier but with a little design work they could have incorporated the ears in the front hinge pin mount. It really is disappointing. Let’s face it, spacers under the shock piston is a very amateur design. I would rather turn a screw to adjust droop instead of tearing apart a set of shocks in between rounds. That is assuming you have time to do that. With droop being such an important tuning tool, I would think Associated would have made it better for their customers. Don’t get me wrong, I like the car in general, but with just a little effort, it could have been really nice.