R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 05:38 AM
symmetricon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anupam Das
Guys, thought I'd post a race report here for fun and comparison.

So like many of you i've been trying to get this car to the top of the podium. I run at Trackside Hobbies, here is a video of our current layout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUubskylxSg.

So today I got the car to the top, but it was just luck in that the illustrious Scotty Ernst who was chasing me and had the faster car made mistakes and I capitalized. Was kinda cool to beat a field of associated and TLR cars with the only HB car in the midwest lol.

I've been trying to get more steering out of this car for WEEKS, and Ty's Nats setup did the trick. The car was MUCH better. If you run on a similar track I would highly recomend it. I tried one change at a time (starting from his reedy race setup transitioning to nats setup), The biggest difference was flattening out the front kickup , shortening up the wheelbase, and adding the front copper swaybar to get back a bit of stability. Car drove much flatter and smoother, gained about 3/10ths or more right there per lap.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...coa2014081914/

Now here is the bad news: The car still does not turn anywhere near as sharp as Scotty's B44.3 , and my friends TLR 22-4.. lol.. the way that thing turns is like cheating. I almost feel like something is broke with my servo.. its that bad. Has anyone been struggling with this car around hairpin turns at low speeds?

I tried thinner oils in front, no-servo saver, stiffer swaybars in rear, no sway bars vs golds in front. Different tires, rideheight.. the works. Just can not get this car to turn. im sort of at a loss. The only thing at this point for me to try is a different servo.

Anyway, Im just kind of at a loss right now , running out of stuff to try. Im kinda thinking im not alone in this problem. Even if you look at TY's setups from his earliest ones to the most recent, you'll see most of the changes he's making is to try to get more steering out of the car. So I feel like maybe there is a fundamental issue here. Any ideas? Car is dialed everywhere else EXCEPT these 180 hairpins. Mabey there is a steering ackerman issue? who knows.. totally clueless.
Hmmm, very interesting, I have a 22-4 and d413 and the d413 turns much sharper in the low speed 180s.... Are you running any forward arm sweep?