R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
wheelz
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
If the inside of my rear tires lift on turns, what is causing that setup wise?

Follow up question is what setup changes and in what order would you try to curb that from happening?

Thank you,

Ivan
hi Ivan!

I'm sorry I missed your question on the forum... I am assuming that you are running on carpet where the grip is extremely high. what side springs and oil are you running?

Typically that is caused by the rear pod is either reacting too slowly or too quickly when transferring weight in the corners. the key is to find the right balance of side spring and damper oil where the car is always stable but has as much corner speed as you can handle. On carpet I go to a softer spring than on asphalt (black associated spring on carpet, silver on asphalt)

-when the pod reacts too quickly it maxes out the suspension too fast and the remaining weight of the car not being absorbed by the suspension is then transferred into lifting up the inside tire.

-when the pod reacts too slowly (side spring or more often the oil is too thick) the car will not transfer enough weight in the corner and this will cause the car to lock up in the rear end and can also cause the car to lift the inside rear tire.

I typically always run 10k oil in my rear dampers. One setup tip that i have recently figured out is to lower the inside ball-studs of the dampers 2mm to level them in the car it really stabilizes the car and made a bigger difference than i thought!

Aaron