R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:41 PM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Update on my Tuning Haus Aluminum C- Hubs and rear Carriers.

I want to say at this time Bill Jeric and Tuning Haus have been very supportive, with my issues regarding the C-Hubs. And was willing to take them back for credit on other items. I decide to keep them and work with them to make them work. Thanks!

The hole for the hinge pin was undersized and too tight. As well the lower hole where the kingpin bolt bolts in against the flanged bushing was too shallow, allowing the bolt to tighten up against the C-Hub rather than the bushing. This caused binding when the bottom bolt was tightened.

To fix those 2 issues, I reamed out the holes on the C-Hubs with a reamer in my Dremel, this solved that issue. For the binding on the lower bolt, rather than remove metal, I decided to just run the bolt looser. The required me to use CA glue in the hole of the steering block so the bolt would be tight, even when loose. I think this should fix that.

The rear carriers have no issues as the hinge pin hole was the right size, and they bolted right up.

After these tweaks, and with the kit installed, the steering system is a lot tighter with out much play between the C-Hub and the A-Arm. The Rear carriers have a lot less play as well. What really makes the difference is the grub screw in each aluminum block, that tightens down on the swivel pin, taking out any play... I'm impressed in spite of my problems. I can't wait to see the effects of this tighter suspension set.

I do have to say I've been breaking a few Plastic C-Hubs of late, and I hope I didn't shift the break point further down the line, say the A-Arms.... Time will tell.

My 3rd C-Hub in the last few weeks. The Aluminum Tuning Haus ones are installed

Tuning Haus Aluminum on the Right, OEM plastic on the left

Both fronts installed

The setscrews to lock down on the swivel pin on each corner is key to the systems tightness

I think you will be happy with them...I havent had an issue since installing them....

Also you might look into the RSD wide bumper, its a arm saver as well

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...er_p_1770.html