R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM
regets ama
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 18to88
They are all nice guys....and fast......
See If I let one of the fast guys drive my car and he says dude wtf......
Then i am going to be tore up.......
If he says your setup is good its you......then tore up again........
Great sense of humor! You are already ahead of most.

I drive the Old Milwaukee #82 car so come see me if you think I can assist. I think I have helped one of the other guys at the track, he has reduced his times by .4 sec per lap and now burning packs will get him the rest. I'm ok with deck cars, not so much with tub chassis, not sure what you were running but I still think we can get the cars up to speed. If not me, get to the young man "in shorts" (serpent) or Jonesy (xray) or D Franklin (xray) or B Smith (tub chassis expert), all good people. Heck even Crispy (spec-r) has good stuff if he would "just drive it Sally". Probably going to hear from the political correctness group on that one.

and don't worry about age, i'm 61 (don't tell anyone that), running now for about 6 years in on road and having a blast, make A - B Mains in some larger events. I don't race to win, I just like racing other cars to learn lines and pass moves (me to them and them to me) is what I am after now.

wont be there this Saturday as I plan on another event on Sunday, and yes, I guess age dictates that level of running around, again, don't let that secret out.

hope to see you the following Saturday, Columbus has a lot to offer and great place to learn.

PS I found that the car itself is a good crutch and I like my 3 year old xray in vta. I'll probably never get rid of that one. I have a 2014 T4 xray going on the market soon if interested.