R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:44 PM
jdawg81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
maybe after you add battery and electronics it might come down? or the shocks are a tad too long? maybe a limiter inside the shock might help. but i would try with a battery and your electronics added and see where it ends up.
With the electronics and battery installed it sits a little more level with the chassis so maybe when driving it around the track it might level out.

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
i had the same issue. Your caps on your shocks might not be tighten enough , you mustn't see the oring when they are fully tighten. but you'll have to be carefull the plastic threads on the caps are very soft.
the other solution i've found is to cut the ball cup of the shocks with the amount needed (in your case 3mm)
I double checked the shocks and they are tightened all the way down. And you're right about the threads being very soft. I almost ruined the threads when I noticed I was tightening the cap at a slight angle.

Originally Posted by JayL
the pod is supposed to hang down some, its called droop which is tunable to allow weight transfer to the front, did you put the spacers under the piston when you built the shocks?
Yes I put the spacers under the piston. I made sure of that when I noticed it was hanging lower than the chassis. But it's good to know that its supposed to be like this because I thought I had somehow assembled it wrong.