R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T's Kyosho GT2 project - 56 mm motor
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Dr_T
Tech Addict

Welcome guys, and thanks for the kind comments!

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
... towers were cnc! shocks were 16 mm big bore ally!, diffs had 4 spiders not 2, it at least had front cvds.....It has a different rear pinion and ring gear for more top end stability...
I hear you Reaper, unboxing it gave me a bit of a tupperware feeling after having gotten so used to my 8T... I read in the GT2 VE thread (think it was even Jspeed commenting about that IIRC) though that the stock plastic shocks are actually not bad at all and I'm sure in total it should be more than enough car for my non-competition needs; if things break they will be replaced by something better, or better looking .

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
I have a GT2 Nitro that I will be Converting to E PWR soon...using a XO-1 castle 1717 motor with 200amp 1/5th scale esc from HobbyKing with Turnigy batteries...I will be using Koval's mount also like you and center spool Traxxes XO-1 34T pinion..lol...I have the Ipanema warrior body ready to go on, shooting for 120 mph plus on 8S !!
Sounds awesome! If you start a thread about it, don't be shy to post a link here. I'm an on-road noob, so others' experiences are much appreciated and I would love to see where your project takes you.