R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo F1 YRF
Thread: Yokomo F1 YRF
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
dctrfrz
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sbd
Hi,
Could you guys advice me how to lower the yrf rear pod height. I have the 2 mm bearing inserts with the hole up and yet the pod ride height is 5.6 mm. This is with RIDE R1 rear tires. Looking at the Yokomo setup sheets, it seems the 2mm insert is the largest eccentricity one.
I thought I will lower the main plate to level at 4mm. This would raise the rear of the pod up to something above 6.3 mm. Thus, will have lower CG for the main plate and slightly lower for the rear pod as the CG of the pod is in front of the rear shaft. What impact the fact the main plate is not leveled with the pod could have on handling?
Well, the rear ride height is controlled with the eccentric spacers as you know, I don't know how else to do it, and I trust you are using the largest offset? Maybe someone knows another way but I think that's it. Is 5.6mm rear height measuring with the front tires on or off?

5.6mm may be a good ride height depending on the track. What track surface are you running on?

Is there any way you can post side and top images showing your resting ride height with your measurement tool in position? Then take the rear wheels off and do another side image.