R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedmerchant Rev 8
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Jamison R
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Hey it could be worse. I'm going to be running your old CEFX car again here in a couple weeks. How long do you think it would take Josh to find the CAD files and the time to crank out some replacement parts?
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey guys... Honestly, I'm sure it's a bit like my former company. We went from making a few kits to clearing over 500-750 in a short time. Never were my cars full kits so as we tried to invest in getting closer to that, we ran short on $ to get the next batch of graphite or whatever in. Bruce just transitioned to a lot of his own molds which I know have caused delays at times.

I can't speak for Bruce financially (I don't think that's a problem like it was for me) but I have spoke to him a little about cutting carbon and the kits. The way he does things does take much longer than we eventually learned to... We had to adapt with trying to keep up with the demands we were facing. However, that takes additional time/$ from keeping up with normal production.

Bruce has mentioned seeing a substantial increase in interest and sales since Denver and I'm sure now again. I've tried to help with passing along some info I learned to hopefully speed things up. I'm recovered from the race now and actually working on getting my CNC back functional (to sell it). Maybe I'll see if I can help him with some things to catch up so we can get everyone the cars/parts they want in a timely manner.
Now you can buy the same machine that made the CEFX car. Glad to see the extra efforts at SM. Great car.

Last edited by Jamison R; 12-03-2014 at 10:30 PM.