R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Do you feel that? The winds of change thread!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:16 AM
fox88gt
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba
Onroad will never make a huge comeback until tc kits come down in price. 400 bucks for an onroad chassis vs 250 for an off-road chassis. Combine that with no decent rtrs and you've just lost every new driver or kid on a budget in the hobby shop. Sure their are diehards to keep onroad alive and new people will come into some of the spec classes but until the big manufacturers make a competitive kit and or rtr that people can get up an running for under 500 bucks onroad will not come back large scale
You do bring up a good point - high end chassis kits like Xray or Tamiya can be very expensive. However, there are other very good chassis kits that can be had for $150 or less. AE TC4 club racer, Spec-R, and 3 Racing all have very competitive chassis kits available for well under $150. I recently sold my Xray T3 2012 and bought a TC4 when I switched from 17.5 to USGT for this season. I wanted to go "back to basics" like when I started in this hobby. The TC4 is every bit as competitive on track and has the potential to win every time I put in on the track. You can easily get a competitive USGT car on the grid for under $400.