R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
gerakatom
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smile
I'm planning to get one of these kits from Rcmart in the near future. But before I pull the trigger, I have a few questions:
1. Can Tamiya bodies with standard TT01 holes fit this chassis? Or should I invest in stealth body mounts? Anything that would help me avoid drilling new holes would be good.
2. If I were to buy highly suggested hopups and spare parts in one go to minimize shipping costs, what would they be? What parts are easily worn/broken?
Tt01 body will fit but the predrilled holes wont line up. Also be advised a lot of bodies dont fit over the front of the D3 cause of motor placement.
Must haves are front one way, aluminum pullies, aluminum steering rack, aluminum front knuckles and C hubs. And buy 3racing products. DO NOT buy knock off parts. They wont be any good.
Also, a few days ago i saw a fully hopped up D3 with electronics for $350 in the for sale section of the driftmission.com forum. Screaming deal. Ive done some buying and selling with the seller and hes totally trustworthy.