R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Ultra GTP2e
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 08:25 PM
SouthFloridaApp
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I finally got my snr gtp2e going. I went to a world class large rc track (homestead rc speedway--you tube it). They usually run a somewhat short track...about 60 percent of the entire track. To my dismay they were using te long track. I was not eared correctly. I am running te following:

Stock gtp2e with the snr graphite chassis and dm1 front bumper and rear diffuser. Diffs and shock oils were stock.

Turnigy track star motor with a hobbywing fan that is screwed into the diff top plate and is over the motor. Two 2s battery packs...most of the time my 6500 smc's. A hobbywing 150 amp esc. I originally had a 17 tooth pinion in but need more top speed so I put in a 18 tooth pinion. I needed a 20 approx. as the straight is so long and I topped out about 40 percent down it... I was running 25 second laps at first with zero changes to the car. With the new pinion my lap times went down about a half sec on avg. I then started setting ride height and got in the 23.5-24.5 range. My last change was to install firm yellow springs. My corner speed was much better on the sweeper, but my lap times were a little slower. I do not have rear springs yet.... I felt the car had more potential with the more firm yellow fronts. I had to Go after that. I will order some springs for the rear... And will change out the shock oil and Diff oil as well. So much fun...youtube the track.....amazing... Fyi I was worried about heat, but it was never a problem.... I will also gear up as well. Lastly, I will add more anti squat in the future... So much fun....