R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 07:40 PM
dragonracing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
If your statement were to be given any relative truth...
Perhaps the question any normal IQ'd person would ask...Is why, IS THE biggest RC site (prob in all of the Hobby) full of NON_ROAR Members....
Perhaps roar should attend to said non-members to increase the much needed membership base...or are they happy with status quo.
Perhaps those respected communications channels in existence just are worthless at this time.
Perhaps all the Region Directors should be looking here for thoughts, gather your own committee to gather those thoughts and design actions plans to force change thru your written path (or lack of path)
We know roar is not listening to the racer member or non-member.

I refrain from voting for Prez on this election, not worth it.....Zero change makes for zero effort from a voter.

I deem "No Confidence" status. let it crumble to rebuild. I know many won't agree with me...on the last line. sorry in advance..

Suggestion:
why doesn't roar make my membership more valuable than a freakin plastic wallet insert with a date on it.

1. They have all these manufacturer affiliates....make a rewards program (that does something worthwhile not smoke and mirrors) they have access to the communication paths, it should be freakin easy.....
2. give me value for my membership dollars...my game stop membership(14.95 per year gives me way more than this)
3. MFR & Vendors Coupons, Roar sponsored Yearly sale (via previous),etc.
4. come one guys...think a little.
5. Give the tracks a profit point for selling Roar memberships. say 20% percent (just a number thrown out). That should inject something into membership number.

** but it comes back to what does a roar membership do for me **
Good post. back in the day ROAR used to send a "packet" with a hard copy rule book (still have one somewhere), member card and some stickers along with insurance info for filing a claim ( i used to keep the rule book in my pitbox for easy access to the "rules" for clarification). sure now somebody will say...look it up on your phone. not everybody has a smart phone. now all i get is a plastic card and a headache from navigating the ROAR website. Including this thread. lol. its a lot to take in. But it comes down to " What does ROAR do for me" besides a card. Not ever racer has internet access. or cares to get on the internet. Might i suggest go looking at the AMA ( Academy of model aeronautics) website and see what they do. It a pretty spiffy clean site and easy to find stuff. you can see pretty much anything you want including the stuff in the museum. financial info, member info, insurance info etc. the list of whats on there goes on and on. Maybe ROAR needs to take a look at other organizations and use some of the examples to gain membership. not just send a card. I think EVERYBODY wants something more from ROAR. not just a card.