R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Vincent_Diesel
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks all

Just want to say thanks to all the contributors here that helped me along the way during my build. Yes I did read ALL the pages like I do with all my builds.

Only problem I encountered was a lower shock screw in the rear arm that was overtightened. I am usually pretty careful at not over tightening screws but SOME of the plastic parts seem quite soft compared to my Kyosho's. Only real concern of mine is how many times I can repeatedly loosen and tighten a screw into the plastics before it loses it's hold.

Anyways I had a practice run at the track yesterday and had a great first impression. Out of the box it was much easier to drive than my DEX410 V3 which took some time to setup but once it was it was very very nice to drive. Seemed to be balanced well front to back with a shorty and track and track manners were predictable. Once I tweak a wee bit more I'll be the envy of this class. Sure I too was concerned about slop but I'm over it now... well somewhat over it especially when I caress my K cars.

I will say that the flex in this chassis seems perfect for small indoor tracks. The torsional flex in the carbon is sweet for carving tight into turns, yet stiff enough so it doesn't bow or dip between the wheels. I think overall the ability to tune with flex (arms) is very innovative... I see other designers copying this for wheeler designs in the near future.

The body is just silly in my opinion, I mean we all know it. I wish it was as durable as everything else. I shoe goo'd the crap into the seams. I ordered the JConcepts body to use when the stock body gets demolished which won't be long.

Anyways here are some pics to share.

Huge props to may painter for my body. Did a great job turning this shoebox into something sleek