R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 PM
EDWARD2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
In that case I would say the center shock was controlling the weight transfer forward and the damper tubes left to right. So the 2 working in concert would increase the weight transfer to the front outside wheel.

Oddly enough we've found at our track that increasing the lube in the tubes has actually increased grip. Many of us at our outdoor track are running 30k oil in the tubes, lighter than that and the car actually gets loose. Down around 10k lube we start to see the inside rear tire lift.
I run on an outdoor track and feel the same way, thicker tube lube the rear more traction I get. In my mind, side dampers and springs only control the side to side weight transfer of the main chassis. Thus, the chassis side to side weight is being transferred onto the front springs. Simply place your chassis on the table and rock the main chassis side to side. The front springs should compress and rise a little.

That being said, the speed of which the weight transfer occurs will determine the amount of initial front grip you'll get. For example, running 7,000K tube lube will have a fast side to side reaction. Therefore, the front springs will react fast and dig the front suspension into corner causing the rear end to become loose. Therefore, if you use 30,000K the side to side reaction is slowed down. So, the initial dig of the front springs is reduced and you maintain rear traction.

Also, you would have to take in consideration of the pitching damper and it's influence on the front springs. Ugh...