R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project RC BMW ///M3
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 07:02 PM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Went racing on the weekend with the Regina Fastraxx RC Club. Their track is in Moose Jaw, another city just a few minutes away from them. The track is said to be 60' x 50'. It had a nice and challenging infield, that was a great driving and learning experience for me. I also had the pleasure of picking the brain of our local hotshot Danny, all about RC set-ups and driving tips on the way down, during racing and driving back home

I learnt a lot this weekend!

I'm running zero drag brake now, which is sort of nice, it allowed me to pick up consistently 1 lap on the track. Also I have just set my shocks to be zero rebound based on my learnings. Next up I'll switch over to the Sweep WCICS Spec tires. I thought best to get use to their handling and set-up my car with them if they are the typical spec tire for our races here.

The Regina Fastraxx RC Club's Track

The roads were slippery on the way down

My fellow Saskatoon SARCAR club members who also made the trip

The track

I broke a C-Hub in a collision with another car. I never even notice until I pitted and was cleaning the car

Danny, my mentor for the day

Lunch in the pits

Lance, a Regina club member gave me this Associated RC10L, said it needed a home! I use to race one of these back in the day!

Drilling out the tops of my shock caps to make them zero rebound

RSD Bladders

Rebuilt and readjusted