R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need a new car. Schumacer, Xray or Tamiya?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:57 PM
-jacob-
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Im interested in having a car that i can get parts to for a long period after it has been replaced with a newer model.

Is Tamiya the way to go? For instance do you still get 414 parts today?
I started racing 1 year ago. First car was a HPI, then tried AE, then Tamiya 417v5.... this winter i sold both 417's for 2 Awesomatix A700 Evo. I want to give you my honest feedback.

One of the most annoying things that i did not like about a traditional car like you named is they will release a newer car yearly. Which most of the time, the new one is better. Most of the time, you cannot convert your last years to the new updates. This would require for you to sell your car every year.

A few pro drivers in my area told me that it is recommended to switch cars yearly anyhow because of slop developing a year later. It is more cost effective to sell your 1 year old car then buy the new release.

Awesomatix may cost more from the beginning, but long term it is way more cost effective.

- it is the only car in the market that doest not release a new car yearly. They make updates on parts that is compatible to upgrade even the first generation kit.

- the car is mostly aluminum and carbon fiber which makes the car very durable. Slop develops mostly in Plastics.
Aluminum and carbon = no or less slop.

- I have never broken a piece since i have owned it and i crash hard very hard. Some mod guys have T boned me full force on a straight. Things might pop out, get loose (mechanic error lol) but have yet to actually break a piece.

Something to think about since you have concerns that a new kit comes out every year....

Me as an Awesomatix owner dont have to worry about that.

Also, Awesomatix from what i have seen and hear is prolly the only car where you can have the very first generation and still compete and beat the newest and greatest kits currently out.

Hope this helps.
Good luck