R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Dave H
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Graham11
Well a Factory Team Associated driver did it for me so cant imagine he would advise me to do something that doesn't work and/or would damage my car. And it wasn't set loose for throttle control, its set loose for traction control and yes that is what a slipper is designed for, the slipper reduces wheelspin as the car accelerates from low speeds, so the car accelerates faster and is less prone to spin out exiting turns on slick tracks. Additionally and more obviously the slipper reduces sudden forces on the inside of the transmission.

But the issue is my brakes.
Seems the slipper would have to be way loose to have much impact on braking. There is less weight on the rear tires under braking than when accelerating with a 2wd. Typically a 2wd needs the brakes turned down with the ESC/radio quite a bit to prevent excessive lockups, at least in my experience with various brands of each component. Way too loose in my opinion, I'd be concerned the slipper would heat up and be inconsistent over the run.

Of course that's not what you asked, but it's easy enough to test, just tighten the slipper some and see if the brakes improve.