R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
NITRO 540
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Iv'e been thinking about something else also. I wouldnt mind a higher membership fee if I knew there was something that I would really get out of it.

But there are some that will get more out of it than others. Would there be any validity to a tiered payment system. If all your going to do is race at club level, lowest tier, add state races and othe special events, next tier, then add regional, then nats. Also since manufacturers profit from wins at larger races, have them pay a larger stake (the same for every manufacturer, dont want to show favoritism) when they enter a "team" at the nats or regionals.

To those that only pay the lowest tier, you cannot race in higher level races unless you upgrade your membership. You could upgrade on the spot if you wanted to race a higher level race. This could bring in extra funding because there are many that like club level racing and like what ROAR could provide. But those that want that national title, well its going to cost a little extra since the event that will give you that title cost a great deal more than a local club race to put on.
The driver ranking system addresses exactly what you are saying.
When I get off of work. I will post it. It's pretty cool.