R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 09:02 AM
jmackani
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AHR43
Good thinking. Perhaps issue a ROAR 'Provisional' (non-paying) membership for novices that can later convert to an active (paying) membership.

Then again, issuing a 'provisional' membership may tax ROAR's limited administrative support with too great a burden to keep up with? That, and will having a 'provisional' membership provide insurance protection under the ROAR umbrella?
There probably is a technicality for some reason or another that will not allow the insurance. They do offer one day insurance for most events outside of national events. As much as people state they would pay more for ROAR memberships, how many do not attend ROAR events because of that additional fee? ROAR is viewed in two opposing ways. Some days it's the organization that helps establish rules, etc. in a positive manner. Other days it is equivalent to a four letter words like a curse. I am sure the ROAR committee wants it to be referred to in the first example and not the second.

Dave Lee will probably enjoy this next question. He already stated what ROAR has to offer in one of his replies. My question is not so much what should ROAR fix, but what does ROAR need to sell that you want to buy? In a tangible world we live in, I am not sure insurance,rules and national championships are on the top of every kids christmas list. I hear the question why should I join ROAR thousands of times. What do you think you should get for $35?