R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I dont think any of the items you listed here are must have upgrades.

1) I personally am still running the original stock shock caps and have only one time popped cap off when I lawn darted a huge triple on a large 1/8 outdoor track. I have been careful from day 1 never to pop the caps off of the ball stud and when I rebuild shocks I unscrew the ball stud from the tower and leave it in the cap. Room for improvement....Yes. Required upgrade... No.

2) I don't think that anyone has even decided if its an improvement over the stock chassis. Certainly not a required upgrade.

3)Steering rack. See my post above. Nice to have, sure. Required... no way. I have this and it didn't really make a detectable difference in handling for me. I run a medium size, meduim/high bite indoor dirt track most of the time.

4) Proline body is nice because its simpler and just requires trimming and painting, but the stocker will work fine if you take the time to put it together right.

If you think that any other car out there doesn't have upgrades that are nice to have then you are kidding yourself. Most of them have ones that are downright required. Every car I have owed has had a list, and most are much longer than this one.
Yeah, I put the stock caps back on. Why? I kinda like how they dont catch the clay and attract big clumps. I am practicing a lot in the next 2 days. Unless the caps pop off a lot, I will stay with the OEM. One of my caps has a much low "snap" sound when I put it on, so I might replace it. My LHS just didnt have them in stock. I dont like the fitment of the AE caps either on the D413 shocks.

I do think the Pistons are needed, at least for me and my track. The chassis? I will let you know after this weekend. I will say the pricing on the Avid chassis is better than the new TLR22 chassis, lol. That is like $70 and is less aluminum, and is probably made in larger bulk that the Avid. Avid had around 100 made in the first batch, TLR probably had over a thousand made.