R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=HugoW;13661027]I just moved the ESC up onto the battery holder, so i can slide the shorty lipo back and forth over the whole length of the original battery hole. All the way in the front, the way I drove today, the weight at the back wheels is 732 grams. All the way to the back, the weigth on the rear wheels is 772 grams. Might make a bit of difference, 40 grams from the front to the rear.

I cannot find the original kit oil weight anywhere... So I don't know what I run, to be honest. What is advised?

[EDIT]Another question; I have recently fitted the M-05 bal dif. It seems pretty stiff. The gear diff ran very light. Shouldn't a rear diff run light? If it takes more power to differenciate (English??) it might brake loose more easily instead, the inner wheel lose grip rather than change speed.[/EDIT]

Hugo,
I go with Raman and say: Donīt give up too early!
But I know what you feel, in my first TEC race 2011 they wiped also the floor with me and my M06.

One important info is missing for me: Did you drive on carpet or indoor tarmac?
The newer batches of S-grips are quite soft compared to older batches, this was discussed also in the Mini cooper thread several times by Granpa and others. If you drive on carpet, there is a high need to glue the sidewalls, as with the weak tire sides it deforms easily especially on carpet and the tire side is "tucked under", which causes loss of grip in the corners. This leads to a unpredictable and very bad driving behaviour...

So let us know some more infos, so we can help you better!
Yellow oil (Tamiya soft = 400)?
Piston holes?
ground clearance?

But most important for me at the moment: carpet or not, and grip level...

Hold on,
Matthias

Last edited by ruebiracer; 11-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.