R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Big Features
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
Considering picking up this kit, have a lot of experience with 2WD buggies, just one of the "other" brands. Familiar with mid motor cars so all is well there. Running on high bite clay in mod, have a couple of questions (I have already checked the first page):

What spur gear is everyone running in mod? With the other brand mid motor car I've been running, we went to the smallest spur possible to get the motor as far back as possible. Similar concept here?

Are there any necessary parts or tuning options I should have in my box? Planning on having both the flat arms and tower and gull arms/ tower. Have tons of springs, oils, etc, so not concerned about that stuff but more B5 specific stuff.

What should I have in my box for spare parts? Arms, spindles, castor blocks?

Any help is appreciated!

Seth
Most folks run 75-78 spur gears. As for parts, you really dont "need" any options to make the car fast in Modified racing. I personnaly like the vented 2 pad slipper from the B4.2 WC (V2) and the Factory Team rear camber link. That is really all you need. I also the RM rear arms. They are 2mm shorter and sweep the wheels forward just a hair. Hope this helps.

Mike