R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
The roll-damper kit should calm it down a lot when the grip is high. Ride-height at 3mm and get the shell as low as you can. And true the tyres down.
Thanks Dale. Damper kit is going on tonight, it arrived yesterday. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. I switched to red springs up front and am switching to 50 shore fronts. The body is at 4mm front and sides and ride height is at 3.5mm all around. Any lower and the body drags in high speed corners. We haven't been truing tires yet as most are seeing it as being unsportsmanlike. I do know the benefits of truing as seen on my WGT and 12th LMP cars, but for our club racing I'm not so concerned.

It still blows my mind that for $400 USD, a can of paint or 3, a receiver and some battery lugs I can build a totally tricked out RC car capable of running at the front of the pack. That's the kit, the hop ups I wanted or felt I needed, motor, esc, servo and battery in a box ready to assemble (assembled now). It takes more than $400 to make a mini race ready, not including the servo and battery and you're still running the boxed ESC and Mabuchi motor. Most chassis alone are more than $400. AMAZING! I've seen $800 minis. Why?

Yes, the box stock kit with locked diff and the 17.5 with the hotrod coupe bodies should be the spec novice class everywhere. That drops the total cost of ownership to $300: No diff, no damper kit, no alloy axle right out of the box. The cars at 1S 17.5 blinky speeds would be just about bulletproof.