R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Jonesy112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Got it. So if I only run TC i can't go to a big Regional race until I am good enough to not be in the way or a speed bump for a top level mod driver that is also running in 17.5 blinky. I shall continue to practice and race my local club races once a week until I am able. I will strive to eventually be able to travel to one of these some day. End sarcasm font.

Doesn't seem all that great for the sport. Would think those folks shouldn't be aloud to run in those classes to just clean up. 1,000 props to Herbert for not doing this. I am sure he could win every one of those classes with that logic.
Im also curious who exactly you were referring to. Of the few guys running both stock and mod, none of them I would consider a top level mod driver. No one that has won major races in mod was running stock.

As Mr Stewart pointed out, it was some fast stock guys running mod. As a chance for them to get to run with the likes of Herbert, Cyrul, and Hardman. And trying our best not to get in there way. Thats how we get faster, how we become better drivers and evolve in the sport. Did Klingforth, Woods and Hanulec show up as a "elite mod driver" that wanted to "pick on the stock guys". No, they didnt. They are super fast stock guys that want to better their skills, and running a 5 turn indoors will do that. The fact all had some decent success doesnt mean they are too good to all of a sudden run stock. I would think any stock driver that is serious about getting better would want to race the current stock ROAR national champion and IIC winner. Not flame him and want to disclude him so they can finish one spot higher.