R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Sofa King
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413
I was sitting here admiring how beautiful the CF chassis is looking and then I thought about the first time out on the track and what all those big nasty rocks are going to do. I have run CF chassis on other vehicles, and on some I ran chassis protectors and on some I did not. CF is actually pretty tough and holds up well on smoother indoor clay tracks. So when I ran outdoor on an abrasive track I ran a protector and indoor I sometimes didn't run one. But I wanted run one on my D413. I couldn't find any specifically made for the D413 at AMain but I do have some Jconcepts clear universal chassis skins. The thing I don't like about the Jconcepts skins are they are tacky and tend to stick to the track when you bottom out or catch a jump wrong. And they leave a lot of residue when it's time to remove it. I started to trim the Jconcepts protector when I glanced up and up in the corner I spotted some old UpgradeRC 1/8 Truggy skins. I bought these skins a long time ago when AMain was blowing them out. The buggy skin is one sheet with several pieces cut out to conform to the buggy body, but I though if I cut a piece in the shape of the D413 chassis and removed it as one piece I could use it as a chassis protector. It actually turned out better than I thought, time will tell how well it will hold up.

UpGradeRC 1/8 truggy skin, I cut out a piece that had a nice design on it in the shape of the D413 chassis.

Here it is on the bottom of the D413 after some trimming. I made sure the individual cutout lines ran parallel to the chassis so they wouldn't catch on the ground.
Looks good!... now you really need to go out and get some dirt on that thing!

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So I am no gear diff savant. I pulled my rear diff apart last night, to put some 3k in it. It was all gunked up. Black goo. So I cleaned up the parts with orange degreaser (JEP from home depot) and tossed them into a sonic bath of orange degreaser. Meh, honestly the orange degreaser didnt get it done IMO. but I used a brush and cleaned up all of the diff gears. I tried to soak the diff case to get the gunk out of the crevasses, but that was not all that great. How do you guys get the diff housing squeaky clean?
Buy a new one!