R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 AM
MasiisaM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Depends on where the slop is of course all slop is not equal, slop in the rear hubs (not that there is any but just to make a point) can increase or decrease your toe and we all know that going from 3* to 4* or 2* makes a huge difference.

Comparing us mortals to a pro is like comparing apples to oranges! I have seen pros drive with a blown tire fast enough to finish on the podium. We can all agree that Ty is pretty much not human behind a controller IF any of us were that good we would not be on this forum like they arent

I do agree with you though that it has been blown way out of proportion with this car, its simple to use shims. But at least in my opinion the ackerman bar needs to be as free as possible and leave no slop. why have bearings on the steering post and then bushings on the rack? your steering is only going to work as good as its weakest link! If anyone wants to argue about that point try putting bushings in your wheel bearings and see how well that works out for ya
I agree with you, but the slop we are talking about doesn't seem to have an effect on the car.

I fully agree with you on the comparison, which was my point. If top tier drivers are not concerned with it… it's a little amusing to see so many throw up their arms and call slop when in fact they cant drive the car at a top tier level such as TY. I mean as of late RM wanted a 2.5 mm shorter chassis for the 22 2.0. 2.5MM and that makes a difference? Really?. So the point is if this "slop" was causing a performance/reliability issue, just like the shock caps did. I would think we would see those mod's done to top tier drivers cars.

Im not going to argue your point. I get it and if that is what people want for peace of mind then they can have at it. I mean you are selling them , but I would like to point out your bushing analogy. Wheels moving at 1000's of RPM's VS a small application of a steering rack is vastly different. Say you did a test where you had two cars on the track and the drivers were not told one had wheel bearings and the other had bushings, just go drive the cars. I would be very surprised if people came back with the result of one car being faster than the other.