Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Hello Sheldon Cooper

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Really? (again) What 'results' are you talking about? Non-scientific, uncontrolled conditions, un-equal drivers...what? I'll bet the results you're talking about have come from results at races and not a controlled experiment, where real results happen.

My point about dropping the wedge and a box was to demonstrate that aero advantages exist with the shape of the object, whether you think so or not, it's the laws of physics.

Understand that I love DP and LPM racing, as well as GT, so I'm not picking on the DP and LMP cars. I am however confused as to why classing is as difficult as it's being made.

Don't mean to be an a-hole about this but anyone with a lick of common sense can see a major difference in the body styles, which has to make a difference on track with all chassis set-ups, and driving skills, being equal.

Tell us, what exactly is the difficulty in classing cars based on the real world classes in real racing? (that is a serious question that begs for a serious answer) It sure would reduce the confusion and it would make the class what was intended when it began....competitive spec racing with recognizable cars that were designed for the street.

There is a place for DP and LMP cars....make a class for them! We had a 1/12 class for LMP (GTP) back in the 80s and it was a class by itself....and amazingly it worked out great.
Well you see I took the Riley DP body and dropped it from my porch and timed the free fall. Then I took my NSX body and performed the same test. Guess what...they both hit the ground then I walked to my car and drove to the race track to race my toy car.

First I have never disputed the laws of physics.

Second like I have said we have tested the Riley body and it had no advantage over anything else when it was being raced and not dropped from my front porch. Results are looking at what is being raced at big events that use USGT rules. At the Scale Nationals earlier this year there was a few of them at the race but it did not hold any advantage. If it did hold this advantage you would see them in the A-main at every race but the fact is that you dont. So keep dropping things from tall buildings I will be playing with my toy car on said toy car race track.

Third there is no need to have a list of approved bodies the class was setup with the KISS method....Keep It Simple Stupid. Lists just make things overly hard and too limited. Let racers race what type of body they like as long as it fits the outline of the class. Its really not that hard its only as hard as you are making it out to be.

We will clear up some wording in the rules but there will be no list of bodies.