R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advance R/C Car R10 2015
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 03:41 PM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
OK so im stumped. ran the car last night on carpet in stock 17.5 class. qts 32 tires are the tires we have to use in the class. car would have a little push upon entry then as the car slowed it would gain grip more and more thru the turn. so much so i would oversteer and turn in too much and hit the inside pipes. got pretty frustrated. stock setup in general but i have the 3.5 rear block with .5mm shim under only. split blocks on rear W/ notches out. front front block with 1.5mm shims split blocks also with notches in. other than that its the standard setup. car just has way too much steering. track is small and grip is high. our next run is sat on a larger track with the same basic layout but much higher speeds with med to high grip levels. i just ordered 5 of the 6 yokomo springs (orange was out of stock) and they should be here tomorrow i even paid for express shipping. hopefully the car will behave a bit better. car seems to just transfer too much weight onto the front as it slows and turns in very hard as the slip angle gets less and less. pretty frustrating. one of the guys said to try adding some ackerman to calm it down. i may do that. the steering just seems overly aggressive. it may be due to the slip angle being less with these tires.
The high roll center in the front might be causing this. Try .5 shims in the front also. Too much pressure on front tires maybe.