R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Rhymenocerous
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
I do believe that creating a list of bodies, approved or disapproved, will cause Rob to be chasing his tail. I don't expect that.

I do believe it is possible to better define what type of body is permitted with very little work. One sentence would do it. And it would eliminate 99.9% of the questions. Of course my version of that sentence would eliminate racing cars, exotics & concept cars. Your mileage may vary.

I strongly believe that all "weasel words" like "discouraged" should be removed from a rule book. I downloaded the IndyCar rule book from the web. 261 pages and not one instance of "discouraged" in it. Also, I'll point out that they use "shall not" instead of "should not" because it eliminates ambiguity too.

Basically I just think some of us just want better definition and consistency. I don't understand why a DP looking body is legal, but a LMP looking body is illegal? Don't forget, the biggest advantage of tighter rules is you don't have to constantly modify them. They'll still work in the future when new bodies come out.
But then there wouldn't be anything to politely debate about on this thread!!!! BOOOO !!!!
IMO the Key words that need to be inserted into the rules are "street use/legal" and any words like "discouraged" should be deleted. Obviously that would stop some of the Mcallister bodies from being legal, but wasn't that the intention of this class from the outset? (Legal to drive on public roads GT/Street cars with a slower turn motor on a standard touring car chassis, whether they be exotic or not). Don't take my Pagani Zonda F away from me!
Whatever Kevin and Rob decide I will support. This class is awesome and I really enjoy racing it.