R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 AM
OttoKrosse
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K

Second the Riley does not hold any advantage.....

Really? Drop a box and a wedge (of the same weight) from 1000 feet and see which one hits the ground first.

The K.I.S.S. method for classing GT cars:
There is an easy fix without a lot of wording that should define, for all time, this class and you never have to list a single car. Simply write the GT body rules to read: "Legal bodies are any body currently in production for street use by a known maker and sold through a dealership". Problem solved!

So what if Corvette, Ferrari and a couple other street cars are a little wedgy, none of those bodies have a sloped front end like a Riley that almost touches the ground. If there were a shortage of choices then I can see wanting to expend the body list for more variety, but we have many choices for this class that we didn't have 30 years ago, we should be grateful that we have it so good.

People have different tastes and there will always be people that will run a body they like, regardless of the aero features (like me). The new Camaro is a great example of that, it's boxy but it works, personally I prefer BMWs and not because they are faster....I like the looks!!