R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bad-Andy
Thanks guys for the quick reply. That is exactly the problem I am having though. As I adjust my pinion and spur to maintain the "target" rollout the car still loses speed. I even threw on the biggest gear I could fit on the car, which gave me a rollout around 1.85. I knew it was too tall by tried it anyway. I did pick up a tenth per lap but was still about 1 full second off the pace, per lap. I thought about the ride height issue too, but it was at almost 4mm so I'm still scratching my head. I will try the green and blue springs on my motor, thanks again.
The other thing we are finding with these stock motors is that they really begin to slow after three runs. Meaning we are cutting the coms after three runs max. At big events we cut them after every run!! We go through a bunch of motors looking for the best, believe me, there are differences, and save the top performers for bigger races.

You know, keep Godzilla in the can until you need him!! Evaluate your competition and use only enough to barely win. If you go out each night and crush everyone, no one will want to play with you.