R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 PM
.crispy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk
Despite all your diatribes this class has never been a one body class, and probably never will be. This LEMANS body, INTENDED FOR PAN CARS, in other words WILL NOT FIT ON 99% of the cars out there today, is obviously not meant for a touring car class, especially with an OPEN COCKPIT.

Instead, what I think I am going to do is try to make a list of bodies you can't use, as it will be much shorter than what is legal. Maybe you will finally be satisfied.
You have it backwards. Perhaps you didn't see this as I added it later.

"And please don't mistake my position. I am in the camp that purpose built racing cars should be excluded and the rules should tightened up and made black and white. I predicted more issues like this. My main reason being what if something just like the Riley prototype comes out, (it's legal, the precedent is set) and it is actually much, much, much better than everything else. USGT will become a one body class like WGT.

I believe your original intention is sound. GT cars. Just make the rule tighter."

It's called being a Devil's advocate. I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm just more vocal.

For example, adding a no open cockpit rule works until someone wants to run this: