R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-29-2014, 04:08 AM
addicted2blue
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by malcnz
Looking at getting a new f1 chassis and need some feedback.
Currently running an F104W GP on foams and our track is very low grip and still find it oversteery and we had our southisland champs at the weekend and got well beaten by the out of towners and I did win my TC stock class so do know how to drive...anyway most were running the serpent, 3racing 113,speedpassion, and the guy who won with a VBC and what are everyones veiws on these cars compared to mine and do they have the rear grip i am looking for and always been a tamiya fan and should i look at the 101W?..I have run and owned the F104V2 and found it had more rear grip and was 180mm wide and would a 180 car be more suitable but all the others were running 200mm and also some were on foams and guy who won was on rubbers and advantages and disadvantages of both?..really confused...
Cheers.
The V2 should work great with a 200mm layout.
Just put on a F103 front suspension and use the wide F103 wheels.
What i did use at the front was F104 foam tires/wheels and Xceed F103 rear foam tires.
True down the front&rear tires, get the ride height at arround 4mm or lower and i bet you will be going faster then with your WGP.
The V2 is in my opinion the better choice for 200mm foam racing.