R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 01:57 PM
teamstrc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I ran the TC6.2 for the first time this past Saturday at the Tamiya America Raceway for the Speedtech Grand Prix and was very impressed right from my first pack. The race itself had a pretty good mod turnout with about 20 entries. Unfortunately we had controlled practice and I was only able to get one run in with the car before qualifying.

Qualifying went decent, made a few pretty bad mistakes in both qualifiers but was still able to pull off 3rd on the grid for the main. Had a rough start to the main getting hit in the first sweeper and tucked my body, came out of the first sweeper in the 8th spot. Finally began to feel really comfortable with the car about a minute into the main and put on a drive that landed me in 2nd at the end of the race. Rick Hohwart drove flawless all day with his 6.2. TQ'ed and lead every lap of the main for an easy win. Although I wasn't close to him after my start, I was the only car to finish on his lap at the end of the race so that definitely has me feeling confident about the car!

Had plenty of help getting things going, so thanks again to Steve Weiss, Rick Hohwart, Sean Cochran, and Brent Theilke for getting me up to speed so quickly! Looking forward to the race on 11/15 to get even more comfortable with the car and hopefully lay down some clean runs!
You fast! Me...not so much

It was a fun try for me in mod, but now I will go back to my normal speed of 13.5 however, after trying mod I must say, you guys have some serious skills to drive them mod cars with that much power behind it. your car looked good!

S