R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 AM
v_squared
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
I ran my new TA06 for the first time on High Bite carpet in USGT using the USGT spec tire. Shattered both Chubs on the 1st run. Not a good start. Rear end had no side bite. Shocks were Blue F/ Yellow R. Went to Red in the rear was improved but still sliding out in the fast corners. Added .5mm in the rear under the Hinge Pin blocks and laid the rear shocks in 2 holes from Stock. Much better but I feel it needs more under the hinge pin blocks. Anyone run this car on High Bite as GT3 or USGT? Would like to know if I am moving my setup in the right direction since practice time is limited with my local track closed.
In general yes you are going in the right direction. You can also try add 1mm more drop to the back. High bite should not be hard to get the car to grip. Run and heavier sway bar in the front along with heavier oil. Like 10 weight more int he front vs the rear. Make sure you have the right arm mount blocks to give you 3 degrees of toe in the back.

I would go through the car again and make sure everything measures out and tweak right. The best think to do if you are not very good with setup is ask the local racer to help with the car.