R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If you build it, will they come?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 10:37 AM
eR1c
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now we have baby son, i hope we can go to track on weekend together. so i hope maybe there will be a track with something which is for wife and small kids. Pizza restaurant sounds good. They have place to stay...
um, yeah, ....I have two sons, now 6 and 8. When they were born my racing days pretty much came to an end. Mostly because my wife was not happy when I'd be gone all day for an event and she had to watch a 2 and 4 year old. So I took a break from racing for about 4-5years so as to not have an unhappy wife. It actually wasn't bad, I focused on building a Crawler and driving it around the backyard and doing some weekend parking lot driving here and there.

One thing that worked was to give my wife a "spa" day in return for a day at the track. There is a track that is permanently setup about an hour from me (NorCal Hobbies), so I'd go there and get a day of practice in. Although the kids put a damper on my RC fun I was able to still stay involved in the hobby and the kids were a lot of fun, so I didn't mind.

Now that they are a bit older I am back in a club and racing more frequently ...the kids are much easier to watch so my wife and I don't mind at all taking turns watching them.

Hang in there, even if you have to put RC racing on hiatus for a little while.