R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 10:13 PM
RC Juice
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

So I ran my new D413 for the first time tonight and I need some advice on setup.
I bought the roller used here on RCtech with very little use, and since this is my first 4WD buggy I got the info from the seller and decided to run it with his suspension setup to at least get a baseline. I run on an outdoor clay track with medium grip, the track is very bumpy. I don't know how much of this is me being new to 4WD buggy, but I thought this thing was so uncontrollable and twitchy, it was all over the place and so hard to keep in a straight line. I had some other 4wd experienced guys drive it and they also had a hard time keeping it straight. It darts around like crazy.
I have read a lot on this thread, and it seem like most complain about the car being too soft. This setup felt very stiff to me, so when I got it home tonight I took the shocks apart to see what they had inside. The guy I bought it from said it had 40WT in the front and 35WT in the rear (diffs are 15k, 100k and 3k).
The front shocks have 4x1.2 hole pistons with 2 holes blocked off, and the rear has 4x1.4 hole piston with 2 holes plugged off. The two open holes on all the pistons are not modified so the sizes are accurate.
The springs are yellow, front and rear. I have gotten decent at suspension setup on my 2WD buggy and SCT but don't know if this car is a whole different animal. That just doesn't seem like enough oil flow and may be why the thing seems so rigid and bouncy.
What can I do to calm the steering down some? What is a good ride height for this car, it is set around 24mm which seems low to me as well...

Last edited by RC Juice; 10-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.