R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 AM
snwchris
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I used TYs Reedy setup as starting point for first race and made adjustments for the following week. For the first race I ran the stock springs, 4x1.3 pistons and 37.5 & 35 losi oils and 7-100-3 based on our track surface. I did follow TYs setup for the Front kickup and Rear anitsquat. I was told by a couple local racers to follow that and it made the car very easy to drive and learn since this was my first 4w ever.

Out of 8 fast local racers that day I finished 4th and just missed 3rd for my first time running 4w buggy. Once I had my baseline race under my belt to judge numbers off, the following week I changed out the pistons to 2x1.6 and 37.5 and 32.5 oils and was able to get faster with car and push it more. I still run a Tekno Ebuggy and this car reminds me of driving Ebuggy, LOL

Tires also play a BIG part too, if you don't have the right tires you can chase setups all day. For our track and others in the area Proline Ions are the ticket as well as Dirt Webs and Elektrons.

And remember not all setups always work for the track or how you drive, but it's nice to have that baseline starting point to go from. The car reacts to minor changes as well, so make a couple small changes to see if that helped or didn't help.

Last edited by snwchris; 10-23-2014 at 07:17 AM.