R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ghartman581
Is anyone running this new kit in their local WGT or LMP class? I'm planning on running 13.5 with 2s but haven't decided on a speedo yet.. any recs? Some forums are saying to run 1s with a booster but no one is saying whether the 1s or 2s setup is better to run. There aren't a lot of speedo's on the market for 1s so that's making the decision one step easier.
Also, since this is my first foam tire kit, can you use the same foam tires on carpet and on asphalt tracks?
Thanks in advance..
I ran one at the IIC last week. It is a great car, handles well, and is very durable. Now...1s vs 2s...well that really isn't a choice. That really depends on what the rules are where you run. The official WGT rules are 1s only but a few clubs deviate from that. So if going 1s the question is if you want to run a separate booster or receiver pack or not. For me the added hassle of an external booster or receiver pack is not worth it. There are several 1s ESCs on the market with a built in booster so you don't need additional equipment to run it. My personal favorite would be the ORCA 1s ESC. It has one of the smallest foot prints of any of the ESCs and doesn't need a booster. It's also very fast! Like batteries if your club follows the official WGT rules then there is only 1 tire choice. WGT runs a spec lilac compound tire.