R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 05:46 AM
ironzgti35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
It's installed in the correct orientation. The t-nut should be pretty much bottomed out. Here's how I check for a proper diff setting. Others may have a different approach.

1. Compress spring with pliers, then assembly diff
2. tighten diff screw until nut pretty much bottoms out. I assembly the diff on the bench, but set it in the car.
3. install in car.
4. put tires on
5. take a tire in each hand and rotate them in opposite directions in a quick motion and let go simultaneously with both hands. I aim for about a 1/2 diff rotation after I let go.
6. adjust screw until you achieve this. Unscrewing the passenger inner camber link ball stud and keeping it on by just a few threads until the diff is set allows for a convenient way to access the diff screw.
7. set the rings by holding a tire and running the motor at about 10% throttle for 30sec. Then hold the other tire and repeat.
8. Diff will loosen up a bit, so tighten until about a 1/2 rotation spinning by hand is achieved
9. run on track a few minutes, check and tighten as needed.
Much appreciated, I should be able to put it on the track for some practice this weekend if my motor/esc show up.