R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Jerm13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
If you have deep pockets, the 2.4 wheels and tires are great on high bite tracks. My traction rolling dropped off a lot. They seems to be a lot less sidewall flex. The rear tends to slide instead of grabbing and flipping the car. They are very easy to glue up as well. But in high bite conditions, I am having to re-glue every 3-4 runs. Not that re-gluing is hard, just time consuming when doing a bunch of tires. On a side note. I am hoping a tire glue jig comes out like the 8th scale guys have. That thing is sweet and would even assist with re-gluing.
I have seen a lot of the tearing in the side wall of 1/8 tires when running the bigger size rims nowadays. Mainly in my sons 1/8 buggy as he still rides the pipe more, but I get some on my truck tires. I have found that after you glue the tire to the wheel, if you run another bead of glue on the outside where the 2 meet, it helps prevent this. Not a huge amount of glue, but just a nice bead. Doesn't completely cure it, and doesn't look the most appealing when sitting still but works.

But then who cares what it looks like on the bench. Its on the track is where it counts right...