R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 10-12-2014, 01:08 PM
kmags
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heinen81
I have used the search function to research this tuning tip of running the B5R front tower, as well as front and rear arms for "better traction" and i see it referanced all over, but cannot find the explanation of why it provides better traction. Does anyone know, and if so, do you order the "hard" arms and shock tower? Thanks
I order the "softer" arms because I am a poor driver and they are much more durable when examining a pipe or wall close-up. I'm sure that I couldn't tell the difference in the car's handling.

I don't think that anyone answered the "why" of the RM front arms.

Draw it out on paper and watch how the arc of the shock is different between the two when going from full extension to full compression. Starting from full extension you can see that the lower shock pivot moves toward the centerline of the car quicker (thereby less leverage) with the flat arms. In short the progression of the shock and spring are different. The tower is used to correct the droop when using the flat arms. I liked the improvement of the flat arms and tower though, I found it easier to drive regardless of the physics.